All countries including Singapore, Maldives and Seychelles, prevailing situation arouse due to the Covid 19 outbreak, please refrain applying for ETA with effect from 2020.04.08 00:00 hrs (Local time in Sri Lanka) until further notice. Any inconvenience caused in this regard is highly regretted.
Gratis visa facility has been announced by the Sri Lankan Government for tourist purposes for 48 countries with effect from 26.02.2020 to 30.04.2020. Other nationals are required to obtain Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) prior their arrival to Sri Lanka. ETA can be applied via http://www.eta.gov.lk
- Visa up to 30 days: applicants can personally fill in online application at www.eta.gov.lk
- Valid passport (with 06 months validity period)
- Air tickets confirmation (Return ticket)
- Accommodation confirmation, hotel booking etc.
- Relevant fee for a tourist visa
- On-arrival tourist visa can also be obtained by the tourists at the port of entry. However, any foreign national who will be visiting Sri Lanka for a short period is required to apply ETA and ensure pre approval before the journey to avoid unnecessary delays at the port of entry and adhere with enhanced pre clearance.
- If applicants wish to obtain tourist visas through the Embassy using ETA system, please submit the following requirements:
- Valid passport (with 06 months validity period) and copy of data page of the passport.
- Air tickets confirmation (Return ticket Booking)
- Two color photographs (4 cm x 6 cm)
- ETA Tourist Form
- Relevant fee for a tourist visa should be made in the form of cash in the USD currency and VND currency equivalent and also accept transfer payment to following Embassy’s accounts:
Name: Embassy of Sri Lanka
VND acct: 700-009-539026
USD acct: 700-009-539-033
Bank: Shinhan Bank Viet Nam – Hoan Kiem Branch
- Visa up to 90 days: Application form can be submitted to the Embassy of Sri Lanka in Viet Nam for consideration. The Embassy does not guarantee the issuance of 90 days visa.
- Visa fee under Tourist purposes:
|Category of ETA||ETA Processing Fee||Reciprocal Visa Fee|
|South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation
|All Other Countries
(Except for 48 countries exempted paying ETA fees)
with Double Entry for 30 days
Single Entry up to 90 days
|20||35||Relevant country fee|
with Double Entry up to 90 days
|20||35||Twice the relevant country fee|
|Children of any nationality
under 12 years of age
of the Embassy of Sri Lanka in Viet Nam
Office hours 09.00 – 15.30 (Monday – Friday)
Closed on Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays
Tel. +84 24 37341894-6
Fax: +84 24 37341897
(Please send your inquiries by e-mail if you can not reach us by telephone)