NEW PASSPORT IN LIEU OF LOST PASSPORT
If your passport is lost, it is the responsibility of the holder to inform the concerned authorities immediately. Failure to do so may result in your passport being used for illegal activities, and you may be liable for aiding and abetting an offence
Never use a passport reported stolen or lost. You are advised to obtain a new passport immediately.
- Passports reported stolen or lost are invalidated, and cannot be used for travel.
- If a passport reported stolen or lost is recovered, it cannot be re-validated. It must be mailed to the Embassy at the address below. If requested, it can be returned to you after cancellation.
- If another person’s lost Sri Lankan passport is found, please mail it through registered post to the Embassy at the address below.
Embassy of Sri Lanka
55B,Tran Phu Street,Ba Dinh District
- Submission of forged documents (Birth Certificates, etc.) and false declarations in relation to the citizenship status is an offence. Such cases will be reported to the relevant authorities and payment will not be refunded.
Required Documents [Original+ 1 set of photocopies (excluding Forms K, D)]
- Duly filled “Form K”, “Form D” and the Complaint Form issued by the Department of Immigration and Emigration, Sri Lanka DOWNLOAD HERE
- Three Passport Size Colour Photographs (3.5cm *4.5cm)
- Sri Lankan Birth Certificate
- Sri Lankan Citizenship Certificate (Applicable only if you are born outside Sri Lanka)
- Copy of stolen/lost Passport (Copies of Bio Data Page and observation page)
- Police Report (Statutory Declaration) obtained from relevant Police Station
- National Identity Card (Only if you have obtained a new Identity Card)
- Dual Citizenship document (submit photocopies of both sides)
- Foreign Passport (Applicable only for dual Citizenship holders)
- Marriage Certificate (only if you have changed your name after Marriage)
- Documents to prove your Profession (If applicable)
- Fees for Travel Documents Issuance