- Death Certificate issued by the relevant Government Authority. This document should be certified by the consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the relevant Government.
- Original Birth Certificate of the deceased
- Original Passport with the copies of visa pages
- Documents to prove the relationship between the deceased and the declarant
- Original Marriage Certificate of the declarant – (if the deceased is the spouse/child)
- Original Birth Certificate of the declarant – (if the deceased is the parent)
- Original Passport or ID of the declarant
- Letter of explanation with the reason for late registration (registration after 03 months)
- Relevant Fee (please go to the General Consular Fees section)
All applications submitted after 12 months will be forwarded to the Registrar General’s Department (RGD) in Colombo 10, Sri Lanka for consent /approval. In such cases, the death certificate will be issued only after approval is granted by the Registrar-General.