- One of the parties to the marriage should be a Sri Lankan Citizen and should give Notice of Marriage to the Embassy of Sri Lanka. (Download)
- The marriage may be registered in the Embassy after a lapse of twelve (12) working days from the date of receipt of the Notice of Marriage and within three (03) months from such date.
- Valid passports of both parties should be produced.
- Two (02) witnesses with valid passports should also be present.
- The originals of the following documents are required for the registration of a marriage:
- * Bachelor Certificate (Unmarried Certificate)
- * Notice of Marriage (Download)
- * Valid Passports
- * Visa proof / Proof of Residence
- * Relevant Fee
Marriage between two Sri Lankan Citizens
- * Both parties should produce an affidavit at the presence of Justice of Peace/Attorney at Law confirming their Unmarried status.
- * This Unmarried Certificate/Affidavit should be endorsed by the Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Colombo 01, Sri Lanka
Marriage between a Sri Lankan citizen and non – Sri Lankan Citizen
- * Bachelor Certificates should be obtained by the Sri Lanka Citizen (Procedure is same as the above.)
- * The other party to the marriage is required to obtain a Bachelor Certificate from the Embassy of his/her country.