Birth and Citizenship Registration
Eligibility – Children, born outside Sri Lanka of Sri Lankan parent/parents.
- Application for Birth Registration:
Within 03 months – Registration B/4 (Declaration of Birth under section 16) (Download)
After 03 months – Registration B/6 (Declaration of Birth under section 24) (Download)
* When applying after 03 months a letter should be submitted explaining reasons for delay.
- Application for citizenship Registration: Citizenship 1 (Download)
- ID issued by the Embassy
- Originals of Birth Certificates and Marriage Certificate of Parents certified by the Consular Division of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Sri Lanka with 02 copies each
- Original Local Birth Certificate of the child with English translation certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russian Federation with 02 copies
- Travel Documents (Passports) and Visas held by parents to prove residence abroad at the time of child’s birth with 02 copies each
- Declaration of applicant’s (mother/father) citizenship with 02 copies (Download)
* Declaration that the applicant (father/mother) has not acquired citizenship of a country other than Sri Lanka at the time of child’s birth
- If the applicant is a Sri Lankan citizen by registration, the relevant certificate with 02 copies
- Relevant Fee (please visit the General Consular Fees section)